Tuesday, July 24, 2012

SPECIAL OLYMPICS EDITION!

(By which I mean: special, Olympics edition.  Not the Special Olympics.  There's kind of a big difference.)

Hello hello, my dearest readers!  It's been quite a long time since this blog had some authorly/readerly love.  But I've decided to drag it out from the dusty archives of the internet and shine it up a bit in honor of a most wonderous occasion: the London 2012 Olympics!  Yes, my friends-- I am returning to the land of marmite and fuzzy-hatted soldiers for the Olympic games, and I couldn't be more excited about it.  Except that it still doesn't feel like it's actually happening yet.

I'm about an hour and a half from leaving my house, and five hours from jetting off across the pond, and I still haven't quite processed that today is in fact the day that I leave.  But it will happen soon enough, I'm sure.

The real reason for writing this post, however, is to simply welcome you back (if you are an old friend of the blog) or to welcome you front (what, isn't that the opposite of 'back?'), if you've never visited before.  Also, if you plan on going through the archives, please allow me to apologize now for the mechanical mistakes therein, as well as the posts that can be more or less condensed to "wahhh I have so many papers to write."  I'll try to update as often as I can, but please do be patient with me.  Comments are strongly encouraged, and may even speed up my rate of posting! 

So stay tuned, dear readers.  Next stop, LONDON!

2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo!! Welcome to London!
    Here's a special welcome message from our very own Mayor ... Boris Johnson...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zEDFMKjhLRw

    xxx
    Suzanne and Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a safe flight as you begin your adventure!
    Dad

    ReplyDelete